This is a guide to help users known about W32.Downuk worm infection-its arrival sources,impact on the infected computer system and possible removal solutions to get rid of it.
What is W32.Downuk worm?
W32.Downuk worm is a new worm category of computer threat that has found active on thousands on windows computer systems.
How Do I get this infection?
This worm is massively spreading through infected executable files that uses may download as legitimate ones, but they actually the payloads of the threat and get silently installed on the targeted computer system.
What is does to the computer system/device?
W32.Downuk worm mains to haunt the owners of digital currency like Bitcoin. It is used by the cyber-criminals to steal digital money by replacing the Bitcoin wallet address of users to their own one. So that each time the transaction happens, the Bitcoins are automatically transferred to the hackers account. Not only that, the worm could even steal monetary information for illegal purposes.
How to detect W32.Downuk worm on the computer?
Although, there may be no any visible symptoms for its presence, but it you notice unknown files created on your computer or shortcuts on the desktop then, it needs to be taken into account. Also, you need to take a look over your Bitcoin wallet address and other details.
Infected with W32.Downuk worm? Scan Your PC Now
The Removal Tool is designed to detect the threat on the infected computer and present the report to users. This is the easiest way to deal with such destructive threats as W32.Downuk worm makes various modifications to the system settings and manually tracing the changes been made is nearly impossible.
Steps to Run The Anti-malware scan On Your Infected Computer
- Click here to download the automatic W32.Downuk worm removal tool.
- Once the file download location and look for “SpyHunter-Installer.exe“, double-click on it to open;
- Click “Yes” to the “User Account Control” dialog box;
- Now, choose your preferred language and then click on “OK” for the next installation step;
- Now, click on “Continue” button to proceed with the To proceed to the installation;
- Now installation will begin, please be patience as it may take few minutes;
- Click on the “Finish” button to successfully install the program.
Note: It may ask you to enter your information- there you can add your details or go with the default information to start the program.
Steps To Perform System Scan with SpyHunter
- Once the program is installed successfully, the Anti-malware program will launch automatically. If not then click on “Start” → “Programs” → Select “SpyHunter”.
- Now, To start the scan click on the “Home” tab and select “Start Scan Now” button. The program will now start scanning for threats, malware, unwanted programs, rootkits, and system vulnerabilities.
- The scan will report will all the details of the result along with system errors, vulnerabilities and malware found.
- The scan results are categorised by the type of objects detected: “Malware“, “PUPs” (Potentially Unwanted Programs), “Privacy“, “Vulnerabilities“, and “Whitelisted objects“, as shown in the screenshot below:
- To select an object for removal, just select the checkbox at the left of the object. You can select or deselect any objects displayed in the “Malware,” “PUPs” or “Privacy” tabs. It has a convenient “Select All” feature that will allow you to select or deselect all objects displayed in a specific tab. To utilize this feature, simply select the checkbox at the left in the specific tab (9)
- Once you have selected which objects you would like to remove, click the “Next” button.
Note: Any objects that you choose to remove will be securely stored in “Quarantine.” This helps to restore any removed objects, if you wish. To locate the object, go to the “Malware/PC Scan” tab and then click the “Quarantine” tab. From the “Quarantine” tab, you may restore an object by selecting the checkbox at the left of the object and clicking the “Restore” button.
This is how you can quickly remove W32.Downuk worm infection from your computer. For manual removal guide download this PDF –Manual removal of W32.Downuk worm in an uninfected computer and perform the steps carefully.