Remove Search-starter.com Homepage Hijacker
Search-starter.com-is a homepage hijacker that redirects to ad-specific sites. Generally its search results are loaded with fake links that is used to earn fake traffic. If you have recently downloaded any Fake extension, then your computer may get Search-starter.com installed, do a quick check- run a scan to your computer.
What is Search-starter.com?
Search-starter.com is another stubborn search provider that comes along with “Search Starter” web extensions. It changes the default search provider to hxxps://search-starter.com without seeking user’s permission. What’s worse is that, it makes sure that you not able to reset back the settings. Thus, Search-starter.com is considered as a potentially unwanted program.
Once active on the browser, Search-starter.com will dropping lots of advertisements and sponsored links within the search results. Thus, you may not get any desired information. Rather than being redirected to third-party websites that is meant to generate traffic on its sites.
You may not have installed this search helper itself as it is distributed along with bundled programs as an additional package installation. Search-starter.com adds a browser plug-in upon the infected browser and acts as an ad-supported program. If you have got Search-starter.com program installed on your computer, then it is very obvious that your browsing screen will be flooded with pop-ups, ads, banners and sponsored links to promote third party services.
Moreover, like Nxt01.club and “Easy Access to Internet Services” browser hijacker programs, it also tracks user’s surfing habits and send the data to multiple sites. They use the keywords and other info to generate customized ads which often tricks users to install any harmful program.
Thus, Search-starter.com should be removed at its earliest.
Infected with Search-starter.com? Scan Your PC Now
You must not use search services of Search-starter.com Adware cum browser hijacker. As its presence for long on the system may hamper your privacy as already said. It keeps monitoring your online activities and has access to various resources on the compromised PC.
You have face issues while manually finding the files and settings changed by Search-starter.com. Thus without wasting much time, you should quickly scan your computer with an effective removal tool. This will ensure safe removal of Search-starter.com Adware.
The Removal Tool is designed to detect the threat on the infected computer and present the report to users. This is the easiest way to deal with such destructive threats as Search-starter.com makes various modifications to the system settings and manually tracing the changes been made is nearly impossible.
Steps to Run The Anti-malware scan On Your Infected Computer
- Click here to download the automatic Search-starter.com removal tool.
- Once the file download location and look for “SpyHunter-Installer.exe“, double-click on it to open;
- Click “Yes” to the “User Account Control” dialog box;
- Now, choose your preferred language and then click on “OK” for the next installation step;
- Now, click on “Continue” button to proceed with the To proceed to the installation;
- Now installation will begin, please be patience as it may take few minutes;
- Click on the “Finish” button to successfully install the program.
Note: It may ask you to enter your information- there you can add your details or go with the default information to start the program.
Steps To Perform System Scan with SpyHunter
- Once the program is installed successfully, the Anti-malware program will launch automatically. If not then click on “Start” → “Programs” → Select “SpyHunter”.
- Now, To start the scan click on the “Home” tab and select “Start Scan Now” button. The program will now start scanning for threats, malware, unwanted programs, rootkits, and system vulnerabilities.
- The scan will report will all the details of the result along with system errors, vulnerabilities and malware found.
- The scan results are categorised by the type of objects detected: “Malware“, “PUPs” (Potentially Unwanted Programs), “Privacy“, “Vulnerabilities“, and “Whitelisted objects“, as shown in the screenshot below:
- To select an object for removal, just select the checkbox at the left of the object. You can select or deselect any objects displayed in the “Malware,” “PUPs” or “Privacy” tabs. It has a convenient “Select All” feature that will allow you to select or deselect all objects displayed in a specific tab. To utilize this feature, simply select the checkbox at the left in the specific tab (9)
- Once you have selected which objects you would like to remove, click the “Next” button.
Note: Any objects that you choose to remove will be securely stored in “Quarantine.” This helps to restore any removed objects, if you wish. To locate the object, go to the “Malware/PC Scan” tab and then click the “Quarantine” tab. From the “Quarantine” tab, you may restore an object by selecting the checkbox at the left of the object and clicking the “Restore” button.
This is how you can quickly remove Search-starter.com infection from your computer. For manual removal guide download this PDF –Manual removal of Search-starter.com in an uninfected computer and perform the steps carefully.